Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Introduction- Why Aviation?

Welcome Readers,


As you can see my Name is Adam Patruno, I'm a 22 year old  Aviation Management Student at the  Eastern Michigan University. I intend to graduate Eastern in April of 2013.

Growing up close to Detroit Metro Airport I would always find myself running out the front door trying to spot the airplanes as they would soar through the sky above our neighborhood. I was full of questions and surrounded by people who never had  the answer to them. When I was in 7th grade my teacher's husband, a pilot for Delta Airlines, came in for career day, and I was finally given the opportunity to ask the questions that had been always bothering me. "How do airplanes stay in the sky?" I asked before he could even call on me. He said well there are a lot of factors that go into flight and that was the first time i had ever learned about the concept of lift. I knew after that day that no matter what I wanted to be a pilot.

In 2008 upon graduating High school,  I was accepted into the Eastern MI flight program and was given my first opportunity to enter an Airplanes cockpit and fly all in the same day. I was so nervous on that summer day taking off when my instructor said your controls that i still remember my ears were sweating. After running into Financial difficulties i decided to switch over to the Aviation Management side of Aviation at EMU, I figured I would get management degree  which will help me in the future and return to flying when I was able to.

I look forward to my career in aviation where ever it takes me in the future. Although i would like to work my way up in Airline operations, whatever course my degree takes me I am sure i will be happy working within the Industry! 

No comments:

Post a Comment